The team at The Fontenay loves kids. We welcome even the youngest of guests who can also enjoy being pampered just as much as our adult guests. They can even bring along their parents - that is if the grown-ups behave. An additional guest room is available at a discounted rate.
The combination of a Fontenay Deluxe room or a Fontenay Deluxe Lakeview room combined with an additional interconnecting room offers more than 80m²/860ft² allowing for quality time together as well as enough space for each member of the family to enjoy some privacy. Our family package allows you to explore Hamburg with your loved ones:
- One night stay in two interconnecting rooms – one room with a king bed, the second “kid’s room” equipped with twin beds
- A la carte breakfast in our Restaurant Parkview for the entire family
- Access to the spa with a 20m/65ft indoor/outdoor rooftop swimming pool, sauna and gym
- A selection of beverages from the minibar
At the special package rate for up to four guests from €625 per night for two interconnecting Fontenay Deluxe rooms or from €765 per night with lake views. The package in an Executive Suite starts from €1,900 and the Premier Suite from €2,300 and includes additional connecting room with queen bed for up tp two children up to the age of 18, full breakfast for the whole family, wifi, softdrinks from the minibar, in-room coffee machine, VAT, city tax and service.
The family package is based on availability and valid for children up to the age of 18 years.
Highlights for the kids:
- Welcome amenity
- Bath robe and slippers in children sizes
- Bugaboo stroller or jogger for use during your stay
- Baby wellness products, diapers, bottle warmer, car seat and high chair available upon request
- Selection of books and games
- Qualified babysitting services can be arranged upon request
Our concierge team has a range of great ideas for an exciting time for the whole family:
- Kids and family tour of the Hamburg Kunsthalle including the "Kinderzimmer" created by the famous artist Olafur Eliasson featuring a special audio and visual playground that both kids and adults can enjoy together
- Harbour boat tour and a visit to the Rickmer Rickmers sailing ship, Cap San Diego (the world's largest museum ship) or the Russian U-434 submarine
- Hamburg's UNESCO world heritage site - the warehouse district (Speicherstadt) - kids adventure through the Speicherstadt museum
- Bicycle tour around Lake Alster or along the mighty Elbe River with a picnic on the natural sand beaches at Övelgönne
- A stroll through the historic Elbe Tunnel
- Miniature Wonderland - the world's largest miniature railroad “Minaturwunderland”
- Hagenbeck's Zoo
- An evening of singing and dancing at a Disney musical such as The Lion King or Aladdin
- Stand up paddling on Lake Alster
- The Planetarium with its 360 degree cinematic theatre
Our tip: All state museums offer free admission to children under the age of 18, excluding special tours/programs.